A simple sauce that you can prepare yourself. All ingredients are available on Polish shelves. Perfect for enchiladas, as well as toasts or as a pizza sauce. Attention! Sharp.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2.5 teaspoons of chili powder **
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of water (or broth of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a medium pot. Add the onion and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water / broth and apple cider vinegar. Boil it.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat. If necessary, season with salt and pepper to taste.
** be careful with chilli, it’s best to add 1 teaspoon initially, remember that we are not used to very spicy dishes, so dose appropriately