I needed to make a quick pie and so did. Simple sponge cake with fruit. It does not require a lot of work and skills, and is good for everyone.
- 400g of fruit (blueberries, rhubarb)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 2 spoons of baking powder
- powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Dissolve the butter or margarine in a pot.
Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy. Gradually pour in the cooled butter. In batches, add the flour and baking powder and mix at low speed.
Pour the dough onto a greased medium rectangular baking tray.
Lay out the selected fruit on top. I used blueberries. Put in the oven preheated to 180 degrees C. Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
Cool down and taste. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar.