Recipe for a healthy broccoli salad that contains all the favorite Greek flavors, including dried tomatoes, feta or olives, garlic and lemon. Prepared and stored in the fridge is really easy, so it’s suitable for take-out cooking.
You will love her as much as I do
- 1 large broccoli, cut into small pieces of a bite size
- ⅓ cup of chopped dried tomatoes *
- ¼ cup of chopped red onion
- ¼ cup of crushed feta cheese or thinly chopped kalamata olives
- ¼ cup of almond flakes
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed or ground
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano (or fresh)
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
In a medium-sized bowl, place broccoli, dried tomatoes, red onions, feta or olives and almonds.
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients of the sauce. Put the sauce on the salad and stir well.
If you want to get the best taste, let the salad rest for 30 minutes before serving so that the broccoli has a chance to marinate in the lemon sauce.
MAKE A VEGAN: instead of honey use maple syrup or agave, olives instead of feta,
DO IT WITHOUT NUTS: completely skip the almonds or replace them with raw or roasted husked sunflower seeds.