Who would ever have thought that zucchini could be used to bake a cake? In addition, one with no zucchini?
Below is a recipe for a cake using this vegetable, but which tastes like a peanut cake.
- 3 medium-sized courgettes (before pressing 2 cups of grated courgettes)
- 3/4 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 glasses of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of pieces of dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 3/4 cubes of margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 tablespoons of potato flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
Place the grated courgettes in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Prepare a baking sheet, 20x30cm.
Squeeze out excess water from the zucchini using a strainer or towel.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla until combined.
Add the squeezed zucchini, mix, then add flour, baking soda, cinnamon baking powder and salt, stir until combined. Finally, add the chocolate and peanut butter, gently mixing them in.
Pour the dough into the prepared tray. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the stick is dry.
After baking, let it cool down.
Pour chocolate glaze over the cake. Heat the glaze ingredients together, not too hard and rub.
Enjoy your meal!