Vegetarian and even vegan bigos with seasonal vegetables. Good, original taste, and its preparation is very simple.
- 1/3 head of young cabbage
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 small kohlrabi or 1/2 large kohlrabi
- 1/2 of a small cauliflower
- 150g green beans (yellow or green)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 and 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or butter if vegetarian)
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- salt and pepper
First, we prepare all the vegetables. Wash and dry them thoroughly.
Dice the onion. Clean the cabbage and chop finely. Slice zucchini into crescents. Peel the kohlrabi and cut into cubes. Divide the cauliflower into small florets. Trim the ends off the beans and cut them into smaller pieces. Cut the tomato into cubes (you can scald and peel them, but it is not necessary).
Heat the oil (or butter) in a pot. Add onion and fry until translucent. Add cabbage and fry for 5 minutes.
Then add the cauliflower, kohlrabi and green beans. Pour in the broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add zucchini and tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
After this time, add tomato paste, season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
Bigos is ready to be served.