Delicious and fresh taste. One of the best snacks that everyone will like it.
Most often it is called: Cowboy Caviar, Texas Caviar, Black Eyed Pea Salsa, so as the name says, it has its origin in Texas with a Mexican note. You will really like her and start doing at parties.
- 1/4 cup and olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can black eyed peas (you can add 2 cans of black beans)
- tomatoes, diced without seeds (about 3 cups)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 cup finely chopped pepper (red or green)
- 1 large semi-hard avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup coriander (parsley)
- nachos , to serve
Make a sauce: In a bowl or mixing jar, mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Filter off beans and corn, dry. Cut the avocados into small cubes. Pour the onion with boiling water to get rid of the spicy taste, cool down. Chop the jalapeno and coriander finely.
Add all the ingredients to the bowl, pour the sauce and mix. It’s best to leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes, then mix again before serving.
Serve with Nachos, but you can also use it as you like.
* you can prepare earlier, but add the sauce and avocado later