Something my family and I love. Meringues.
Dessert, mini meringues, with coffee-flavored cream and the addition of peach jam is something perfect for a small black cup. Tasty, melting in your mouth, perfect.
For this purpose, I used proteins that had been frozen before use (before use, remove them from the freezer, dissolve until they reach room temperature)
- 4 egg whites
- 200g of fine sugar
- 4 tablespoons of ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of potato flour
- 250g of mascarpone cheese
- 200ml of heavy cream (30-36%)
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water)
- peach jam
- cocoa for decoration
Preheat the oven to 130 degrees C. Prepare two trays lining them with paper.
Place the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Beat until stiff. Gradually add fine sugar. The sugar should be well dissolved and the meringue should be shiny. At the end of whisking, add the lemon juice.
Add the sifted potato flour and ground almonds to the whipped egg whites, stirring gently.
Put the meringues on the baking sheets, making small circles, approx. 10cm. Put in the oven and bake for about 60 minutes. Then turn off the oven, open the door and let it cool down for a few hours or overnight.
Cream. Put the mascarpone, heavy cream and powdered sugar in a bowl. Beat until stiff. At the end, add the coffee slowly dissolved in the water.
Put a spoonful of coffee cream on the cooled down meringues, then a teaspoon of peach jam. Cover with another meringue. Sprinkle the top with cocoa.
Serve immediately. Enjoy your meal!
* You can put the cream in the fridge and put it on the meringue just before serving, because the meringues soften quite quickly