A dish that you can prepare on one baking tray and take several dozen minutes.
Shawarma is a Middle Eastern street dish made of roasted meat. Here, however, instead of meat, we have cauliflower and chickpeas. It is not a traditional form, but a delicious and vegetarian variety. You’ll like it for sure!
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can of drained chickpeas
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- the juice of 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- tomatoes, salad to serve, optional antipasto and yoghurt sauce
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
In a bowl, combine cauliflower, chickpeas, 1/4 cup olive oil, paprika, garlic, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to evenly cover the whole thing. Add the sesame and mix gently.
Transfer the whole thing to the plate. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until soft and lightly browned
Serve with vegetables, tortilla / naan or e.g. with antipasto!
Enjoy your meal!