Learn how to make homemade hummus with this simple hummus recipe! Only takes a few minutes.
I made a clean version with sun-dried tomatoes and sprinkled it with roasted onions. Perfect for a snack with vegetables or nachos, or for a sandwich.
about 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or canned)
- 1/2 cup of tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 tablespoons of water
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- roasted onion, pepper flakes, and olive oil for decoration
- vegetables, pita or nachos to serve
Put the chickpeas, tahini olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a blender. Blend until a very smooth paste is formed , add water if necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
Put down half. Add dried tomatoes to the blender portion. Blend once more until smooth.
Transfer to a platter or bowl, sprinkle with toppings and serve with vegetables, pita or nachos. You can also treat it like a sandwich paste.