Shrimp in a completely different version. They can be used as a separate dish or as an appetizer or snack. They have a crunchy shell and a soft center.
The shrimps are coated in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, and then pan fried in olive oil until golden brown, they are tender and crispy. And they really are easy to do!
- a pack of frozen shrimps (400g), peeled – or fresh: peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 3 large eggs
- oil for frying
- vegetable fries
- ketchup, majo-sriracha – to serve
In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. In another, separate bowl, combine flour, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne peppers. In the third dish, beat the eggs.
Coat the shrimps one by one. Dip in flour with spices, then in beaten egg to finally roll in breadcrumbs.
Transfer to a large plate. Repeat until all the shrimps are ready
Heat the olive oil in a pan.
Arrange the shrimps and cook for about 2-3 minutes, then carefully turn over and fry the other side until golden brown.
Transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking paper and repeat the process with the remaining half of the shrimp.
Serve with vegetable fries from the oven as French fries: e.g. sweet potatoes, pumpkin or celery, and ketchup and majo-sriracha sauce.