These ginger cookies are the best ginger cookies! They will quickly become your new favorite and not only Christmas cookie!
The sweet taste goes perfectly with the spicier aftertaste of the spice . Pour a bit of dark chocolate and you have everything you need to be happy!
about 30 cookies
- 2 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- dark chocolate
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger , cinnamon , cloves, and nutmeg and set aside.
In a separate bowl, use a mixer to mix the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Add egg followed by molasses / honey and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined (you can also stir by hand). Cover with foil and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Scoop about 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough at a time, form balls and then coat them with sugar (the remaining 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar)
Put them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, slightly flatten the balls. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
Allow to cool on a baking sheet for a few minutes, then put on the wire rack until completely cool.
Melt the dark chocolate and gently make stripes.
Enjoy your meal!