The sweet taste goes perfectly with the spicier aftertaste of the spice . Pour a bit of dark chocolate and you have everything you need to be happy!
about 30 cookies
- 2 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- dark chocolate
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger , cinnamon , cloves, and nutmeg and set aside.
In a separate bowl, use a mixer to mix the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Add egg followed by molasses / honey and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined (you can also stir by hand). Cover with foil and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Scoop about 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough at a time, form balls and then coat them with sugar (the remaining 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar)
Put them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, slightly flatten the balls. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
Allow to cool on a baking sheet for a few minutes, then put on the wire rack until completely cool.
Melt the dark chocolate and gently make stripes.
Enjoy your meal!