Sweet gingerbread muffins made of brown sugar, honey and vanilla flavor. Then baked and covered with a thin layer of butter cream. These cupcakes are moist, full of warming spices, so tasty and simple enough to make every day of the week for a fun December treat .
These cupcakes are really delicious. The aroma during baking puts you in a festive mood!
If you love gingerbread and cupcakes, I’m sure you’ll love this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup of whole milk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 225g cream cheese at room temperature
- 114g butter at room temperature
- 150g powdered sugar
- plum jam (optional)
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Prepare muffins. I use silicone (about 12-14)
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
Using a blender, mix the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, honey and egg until they combine. Then add milk, alternating with a mixture of loose elements, until everything is combined.
Divide the dough evenly into prepared forms for muffins. Bake for about 18-22 minutes until browned. Cool before decoration.
Make a cream.
Whisk the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
In cupcakes, make holes in the center for jam, if you use. Line the cream, e.g. through the pastry sleeve. Garnish with cinnamon and gingerbreads.