Here is a recipe for a delicious, healthy hot chocolate that is also vegan, dairy-free if we skip the whipped cream! This healthy hot chocolate recipe consists of a blend of coconut milk and soy milk, and is naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
The perfect drink during the cold winter months!
- 1 cup of coconut milk (canned)
- 1.5 cups of soy milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cubes of dark chocolate (max. 20g)
- a pinch of sea salt
optional if we want to go crazy and sin a bit:
- whipped cream without sugar and marshmallow
Add all ingredients to a saucepan and put it on medium heat. Stir vigorously to combine and get rid of cocoa lumps. DO NOT let the hot chocolate boil – we don’t want it to burn. Heat for about 3 to 5 minutes.
When the hot chocolate is hot, take it off heat and pour into 2 cups. Drink alone or add whipped cream, dairy-free whipped cream, marshmallows or vegan marshmallows.