It’s time for a quesadilla. When I feel too lazy I make a quesadilla in less than ten minutes.
These quesadillas are full of vegetables and beans. I make them with whole grain tortillas, and add enough cheese to make them delicious.
Quesadillas is the perfect quick meal. The recipe gives 1 quesadilla (3 slices), so multiply if necessary.
- 1 whole-grain flour tortilla
- ½ cup freshly grated cheese or sliced (more convenient)
- ¼ cup cooked black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and dried
- chopped red peppers or several thinly chopped tomatoes (as desired)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped marinated jalapeño (if you like spicy)
- Any to serve: salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole or sour cream, hot sauce, chopped fresh coriander …
Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Heat the tortilla for about 30 seconds by turning it halfway =. Turn it over again, and then sprinkle half of the 1/2 cheese tortilla. Spread the remaining filling evenly over the cheese : beans, peppers, onions and jalapeño (if you use).
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and fold the blank side of the tortilla to close the filling. Then carefully flip it with a spatula. .
Let the quesadilla cook on a golden and crispy base, about 1 to 2 minutes, reducing the temperature if necessary to prevent the tortilla from burning. Turn over to the other side if you also want to burn from the other side.
Immediately remove the pan from heat and transfer the quesadilla to the chopping board. Let it cool for a minute, then use a knife to cut into 3 parts. Serve immediately, with any sauces or toppings.
MAKE A BASIC QUESADILLA WITH CHEESE: just skip all the remaining ingredients of the filling!
MAKE GLUTEN FREE: use gluten-free tortilla.
MAKE VEGAN: Skip the cheese and smear the tortilla with hummus
STORAGE: Quesadillas are best after taking, but will be well stored for about 4 days in the fridge. If necessary, gently heat in a microwave or oven before serving.