This is one of the favorite chicken recipes because it is so tasty and simple. The delicious taste comes from the use of meat with bones, skin and quick herb marinade with garlic.
I love the way vegetables compliment the chicken. And because everything is baked together, the flavors have a chance to meld during that cook time.
Worth using seasonal vegetables. Don’t be afraid to experiment and add your favorites.
- 5 pieces of chicken (preferably chicken legs)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, ground
- 1 tablespoon of ground: thyme and rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (unpeeled), diced
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 3-4 diced potatoes
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into large slices
- 4 slices of smoked bacon, cut into pieces
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a bowl and mix.
Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and mix evenly spreading the herbs. Set aside and let yourself rest while chopping vegetables.
Place the sweet potato, potatoes, broccoli and onions on a baking tray. It’s best to use baking paper to keep them from sticking.
Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then toss it evenly, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle the bacon with pieces of vegetables.
Put the chicken pieces on top.
Bake in a preheated oven until the chicken and vegetables are golden brown, about 30 – 35 minutes. Leave it longer if necessary.