Spicy, slightly Middle Eastern style, with the addition of aromatic chickpeas. You’ll love her like me and my dad.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Hakaido pumpkin (peeled and seedless)
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups of broth
- nutmeg, ginger
- A few slices of bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon of lard
- can of chickpeas drained and drained
- pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
In a large pot on medium heat, melt the butter and fry the garlic and onion for a few minutes until soft.
Add smoked paprika, chili powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt. Add peeled and chopped carrots and cubes. Pour the whole broth and continue cooking until completely tender. Blend with a blender.
Bring to a boil. Season with ginger and nutmeg.
Serve with bacon and spicy fried chickpeas.
To make chickpeas, heat the lard and brown the bacon in a large pan. Add chickpeas and pumpkin seeds, salt, smoked pepper, turmeric. Fry until lightly browned.
* you can sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or feta cheese before serving